TAPROOM MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Ideal Candidate
- Dedicated to satisfying customers at every opportunity.
- At least 3 years experience running a Front of House, preferably in a taproom.
- Proven track record for hiring and managing taproom staff and keeping them challenged, rewarded and happy.
- Passion for, and strong working knowledge of, craft beer – Cicerone certification is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of POS systems, including how to extract and apply customer and sales data to drive continuous improvement. Our POS provider is Arryved.
- Knowledge of, and able to ensure compliance with, applicable employment, alcohol and health department laws and regulations.
- Proven leader who is motivated in the success of the business without compromising quality.
- Willing to roll up the sleeves and contribute wherever needed.
- Sweats the details and leaves nothing to chance.
- Advanced sense of humor is appreciated
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage all taproom operations from open until close.
- Manage and schedule taproom staff as required by anticipated business activity and as needed to ensure labor cost objectives are met.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, customer experience, sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Maintain records of inventories and work with vendors to keep taproom stocked.
- Manage and maintain the POS system, including making management reports available in an organized and timely manner.
- Manage cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Roll up the sleeves and fill in where needed to optimize customer service standards and efficient operations.
- Fully understand all company policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the company, employees and customers.
- Participate as key member of the executive management team.
- At least 3 years experience running FOH operations – preferable in a taproom.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a calm, friendly demeanor.
- Strong working knowledge of the craft beer industry, particularly within the Denver market.
- Proven track record for training and motivating a FOH staff.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Available to work up to 50 to 60 hours per week, if needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Minimum 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Following all State and County ordered protocols for COVID Dial system in Los Angeles County.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)